Thursday, December 20, 2007

Finally a Break

I haven't posted since the beginning of this semester. And everything is completely different. I mean I still have an awesome house, fun times at La Salle, and really good friends but a lot of other things have changed.

Some friendships I thought would be stronger this year have changed a lot. One in particular that I thought would never change has, I still count this person as a friend but they are not nearly there in the same capacity that they once were. And this is probably my fault but at the same time I think it's partially there's as well, I mean it is a "two way street". Other friendships have stayed consistent. I'm happy with those friendships and know that they will never change. In addition other friendships that I never thought would happen have happened. This semester would not have been the same without the people I've gotten close with this term. Hopefully next semester I will be able to balance all the groups and bring back the people I've grown distant with.

In school wise I did fairly well. Now all of you who know the trouble I had with physics should know, I passed, not well but at least I passed. In addition I did really well in my chemistry classes. I don't know if this was a fluke or if I actually learned something. It's very fulfilling to know that at the beginning of this year I was really worried if my major was really was what I was good at, and now I see that I can actually pass chemistry classes. And I'm not going to fail at life.

I love my house. Next semester the dynamic is definitely going to change because my roomie is leaving me for Rome but I think despite the fact I won't have some one to talk to before I go to sleep the house will be good. Sara and Megan will still be around and Michele comes back (YIPEE) and Jen is moving in. It'll be fun, how could it not be. But different all the same. I love that our house is kinda the chillax house where people can come and just hang out.

I'm also very happy with my boy. I'm really lucky to have him and I'm glad that this has been going on as long as it has, and it looks like it will continue for awhile.

I also can't believe it's been almost a year since Ireland. I can still remember getting on the plane to leave that 354 days ago. I know I annoy all of you when I say I remember this and that, don't lie and tell me it doesn't I can see it. But it's still such a big part of my life, that I can't believe is in my past. As I listen to my Flogging Molly, It's almost saddening that something I looked forward to so much in my life is over and completely in my past now. I know the future holds good and exciting things for me, I just hate that I've had this amazing experience that I feel nothing could ever ever match.

That's all for now. Over break I'll try and keep this updated more. For now, I must clean because ITS SPY WEEKEND!!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

You talking about Ireland isn't annoying, sillyface.

michele said...

liz,

i never saw your blog before (just kidding, i'm stalking you) but i felt the need to comment.

now, as a fellow study abroad-er, i can say with much confidence that no one will ever know, nor will you be able to explain to them, how great it was. it's funny how it shapes you so much as a person yet none of your friends or family will really "get" it. however, you're one of the lucky ones and the good news is you can take that experience and maybe even find out a way to replicate that again in your life.

next semester, i propose we get drunk and have secret study abroad inside jokes and make everyone else feel awkward.

michele

Laying Under Stars said...

Yea I'm commenting on my own blog....go ahead judge me...

I managed to screw up my passwords so I had to start a new blog. link is...

layingunderstars2.blogspot.com

ok...you can actually judge me now <3

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.