Monday, July 09, 2007

This past weekend was absolutely excellent.

Friday night Pam and I watched The Queen which was astounding. Helen Mirren did a wonderful job, I can see why she won the Academy Award. I love movies that can really make you feel what's going on. I also really liked that it bridged the gap between the true story and the writer's concept of what happened. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

Saturday, for two reasons was the best day ever. One, the tour started. Now I know not everyone likes the tour but I love it. And thank goodness I have Pam who is obsessed as I am. The first day of the tour is always the prologue, a time trial that is each man racing to be the first one to wear the yellow jersey. Cancelera won. He was excellent, raced 5 miles in just under 9 minutes. CRAZY!!!! Anyways, later it in the day was Amy's graduation party. Which constituted great food, tubing that I am still sore from, volleyball in complete darkness, and interesting conversation around the fire. Amy can throw a good party, touche!

Sunday. The first stage of the tour. With a miraculous win by Robbie McEwen, who came from a fall less than 10km from the end and managed to cross the line first. It was amazing. This was followed by Pam and I breaking out the board games, Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit, and me losing in both. Then Pam's mom brought us home vanilla ice cream with jimmies. Delicious.

Weekends really can't get much better.

In other quick news. I wish I didn't over analyze everything, I wish people would learn how to drive properly, and I'm sorry if I talk about Ireland a lot. I miss it.

That's all. Peace out homies.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You can talk about Ireland all you want to me. I've barely heard any. And I won't ever get tired of it. Love you!